NRPE Test Error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Eudes87

Re: NRPE Test Error

Post by Eudes87 »

benjaminsmith wrote:Hello,
After replacing my nsclient.ini file with your, monitoring it started working again.
Thank you so much for all your help in troubleshooting.
Glad that worked.

Regarding NRPE, it's not necessary to have the NRPE daemon running on the Nagios Server.

NRPE - Agent and Plugin Explained

I did not find anything that helps me in the link informed to resolve or error.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

# / usr / local / nagios / libexec / check_nrpe -H localhost
connect to address 127.0.0.1 port 5666: Connection refused
The check command above is trying to communicate with the NRPE daemon but it's not installed on the local system.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Eudes87

Post by Eudes87 »

benjaminsmith wrote:
# / usr / local / nagios / libexec / check_nrpe -H localhost
connect to address 127.0.0.1 port 5666: Connection refused
The check command above is trying to communicate with the NRPE daemon but it's not installed on the local system.
Without the NRPE daemon installed on the local system the command cannot be executed, is that it?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello,

The plugin check_nrpe needs to communicate with the NRPE agent ( or NSClient++). Let's backup a step, what issue on your trying to resolve right now. My understanding is that you have setup monitoring with the CentOS host and the Windows host. Is this correct?

Thanks.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Eudes87

Post by Eudes87 »

benjaminsmith wrote:Hello,

The plugin check_nrpe needs to communicate with the NRPE agent ( or NSClient++). Let's backup a step, what issue on your trying to resolve right now. My understanding is that you have setup monitoring with the CentOS host and the Windows host. Is this correct?

Thanks.
In fact, with your help, you have already solved the problems, the last question is for information only.
Thanks, you can close the post.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

In fact, with your help, you have already solved the problems, the last question is for information only.
Thanks, you can close the post.
Ok,that makes sense. We'll close this out. If you have any other questions, feel free to open a new post.

Thank your for using the Nagios Support Forum.