"Process details on next line"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
bramassendorp

"Process details on next line"

Post by bramassendorp »

Hello,

I'm using the "check_wmi_plus.pl" plugin to search for the processes that causes high cpu.

My command at the moment is:

check_wmi_plus.pl -t 30 -H Hostname -u 'User' -p 'Password' -m checkproc -s cpuabove -a "%" -exc _AvgCPU=@0:50 -w 50 -c 80 --nodatamode

This works perfectly but I want the full details in the Information field. Now I get:

"CRITICAL (Sample Period 1230 sec) - [Triggered by _AvgCPU>50][Triggered by _AvgCPU>80] - Total Process Count=2 (Process details on next line)"

But I want to see the Process details without clicking on the Service information (that would mean I have no history).

Also for mail alerts I get:

Additional Info:

CRITICAL (Sample Period 591 sec) - [Triggered by _AvgCPU80] - Total Process Count=1 (Process details on next line)

So that won't give me the fullest details either.

Thank you for your help.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: "Process details on next line"

Post by scottwilkerson »

If you add the %longserviceoutput% macro to your service email template it will display the long output (beyond the first line)

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... iables.pdf

There is no way to put the long output in the table views in the GUI, just on the status detail page.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com