Winexe problems SMB2

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
delboy1966

Winexe problems SMB2

Post by delboy1966 »

I've been using winexe a while now as we have a lot of windows boxes and can do most checks we need using it to run dos and powershell commands on the windows boxes.
However, its not going to work anymore as the company are disabling SMB1 and moving to SMB2.

I found what I thought was a static build of winexe with SMB2 support but it seems not to work.
So I tried to compile winexe with smb support using the samba packages.
But I keep running into issues, mainly an error during compile, mainly to do with smb_static "Build failed: could not find 'smb_static/smb_static.objlist.empty.c' "
I've tried to find solutions for this but have failed to solve it using any of the solutions I have found.

So, my question is, has anyone found a version of winexe with SMB2 support, or managed to compile it with SMB2 support?

I am running Nagios Core 4.4.5 on Centos 6.7

Thanks In Advance
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: Winexe problems SMB2

Post by scottwilkerson »

I'll leave this topic open for possible community members to chime in, but we are not experts on winexe and you might get better traction trying to find a source that is.

Good luck
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com