NSClient++ MSI Options

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
TechnicallyTrue

NSClient++ MSI Options

Post by TechnicallyTrue »

Hello,
I've been fiddling with a script to perform a silent install of NSClient++ (version 0.5.2.35). At the moment, the command I'm running to perform the actual installation is:

Code: Select all

msiexec /qn /l* log.txt /i NSCP-0.5.2.35-x64.msi
The issue is that it always seems to include the following in nsclient.ini:

Code: Select all

; BIND TO ADDRESS - Allows you to bind server to a specific local address. This has to be a dotted ip address not a host name. Leaving this blank will bind to all available IP addresses.
bind to = UNKNOWN
Setting bind to to "UNKNOWN" prevents NSClient++ from working correctly, so I'd like to figure out how to exclude it. It's not there if I perform the installation manually through the GUI, so there must be some option in the installer to disable it.
I realize this may be a question better suited to the NSClient++ forum, but the site's been down for at least a couple of days. I figured I'd post it here as it is related to Nagios, and someone might happen to know how to fix this.
Thank you very much.
mbellerue

Re: NSClient++ MSI Options

Post by mbellerue »

My bet would be that this is coming from SampleConfigFull in the MSI file. I see there that the "bind to" address is set to UNKNOWN. If you know of a good way to extract and re-package an MSI file, then I wish you the best of luck here.

However, maybe there's another way we can go about this. Are you using any automation tools in your environment where you could deploy a proper NSClient config file?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
TechnicallyTrue

Post by TechnicallyTrue »

I ended up just removing the lines from the config file after installation using a script. Seems to have done the trick, although I'm still quite curious if there's a way to do it through arguments to the msi file.
Thank you very much.
mbellerue

Post by mbellerue »

Excellent, glad you were able to get it working. I'll close this thread.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!