How do you configure and use Nagios plugins from Nagios Exch

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Alan

Re: How do you configure and use Nagios plugins from Nagios

Post by Alan »

Ok great thanks. I will have a look at this. Are you wanting to leave this thread open to write back in if I cannot get the plugin setup. Or should I create a new thread for that?
ssax
Dreams In Code

Re: How do you configure and use Nagios plugins from Nagios

Post by ssax »

We generally will ask if it can be closed before closing them but the policy is that we want you to open a forum post per unrelated issue/plugin. An issue with one plugin will be totally different from another plugin (generally) so this specific forum post you created should just address the general concept of using nagios plugins from the exchange and help you work through understanding that process of getting them into the system. Once you get one under your belt it will generally just be plugin specific issues you have from plugins you find on the internet or specific questions on plugins/XI features.

The reason why we want a separate post per plugin or unrelated issue/question is that it doesn't look like we're doing a good job when we having never-ending posts/topics but mainly it causes confusion (and things get missed) when trying to refer back to them or when other users are Googling or searching the forum for solutions (we do this a lot).

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can clarify anything.