MKLivestatus No UNIX socket existing

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
TechnicallyTrue

MKLivestatus No UNIX socket existing

Post by TechnicallyTrue »

Hello,
I'm currently in the process of setting up NagVis, and one of the prerequisites is that mk-livestatus be up and running on your Nagios server. This is proving difficult.
The website for mk-livestatus doesn't have much in the way of installation instructions, so I went off of this guide here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/161 ... -on-nagios
I made the small adjustment that /usr/lib/nagios/mk-livestatus is now /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus.
Unfortunately, after getting to the end, I encounter a problem: running the test command

Code: Select all

echo 'GET hosts' | unixcat /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus/live
yields the error message

Code: Select all

No UNIX socket /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus/live existing
I've tried installing more recent versions of mk-livestatus, but every other version number I enter into the wget command just comes back with ERROR 404: Not Found.
I'm running Nagios 4.3.4 on a CentOS 7 server. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Box293
Too Basu

Re: MKLivestatus No UNIX socket existing

Post by Box293 »

It's hard to provide any support for this as it is not a product made by Nagios and thus we do not have guides on how to set this up or troubleshoot it. While Nagios products do leverage many open-source projects, we do not utilise this project in our enterprise products and hence we do not have much knowledge on it.

We suggest contacting the owner of the project for support.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
TechnicallyTrue

Post by TechnicallyTrue »

In the end, I changed /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus back to /usr/lib/nagios/mk-livestatus. I had to make the directories all the way down from /usr/lib and chown them, and there are some configuration options in NagVis that need to change, but it works now.
Thank you very much.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

TechnicallyTrue wrote:In the end, I changed /usr/lib64/nagios/mk-livestatus back to /usr/lib/nagios/mk-livestatus. I had to make the directories all the way down from /usr/lib and chown them, and there are some configuration options in NagVis that need to change, but it works now.
Thank you very much.
Great!

Locking thread
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com