Requesting clarification regarding Nagios Core Update

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Siddharth Hegde

Requesting clarification regarding Nagios Core Update

Post by Siddharth Hegde »

Hi,

I have Nagios® Core™ Version 4.2.0 and I want to update it to the latest version 4.4.5.

I have found an article to update https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... tml#Ubuntu

But what I would like to know is what happens to my mail alerts settings and plugins and their configurations and commands

Thanks,
Siddarth Hegde
tacolover101

Re: Requesting clarification regarding Nagios Core Update

Post by tacolover101 »

this should only update the actual application side - your configs, and plugins should all remain the same still.

if you have concerns, test in a lower environment first, or you could always take a copy of the nagios install folder at /usr/local/nagios/.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello Siddharth,

The upgrade will not overwrite your existing configurations. As mentioned by @tacolover101, while Core does not have a backup/restore feature like XI, I would recommend backing up your Nagios directory before upgrading or set up a test server in your environment.

Let us know if you have further questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
Siddharth Hegde

Post by Siddharth Hegde »

Thanks @benjaminsmith and @tacolover101 I have upgraded to the latest Nagios Core without any hiccups.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Siddharth,
Thanks @benjaminsmith and @tacolover101 I have upgraded to the latest Nagios Core without any hiccups.
Great! Thanks for letting us know.

I'll go ahead and close this, but feel free to open another post if you have any new questions.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!