Specify NAGIOS to use a Virtual IP

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
marcostecnitia

Specify NAGIOS to use a Virtual IP

Post by marcostecnitia »

Greetings,

I have a high-availability NAGIOS server and I need Nagios Core to use a virtual IP to check instead of its own local IP address

My Nagios server is:
- Nagios Core 4.2.4
- CentOS 7

On SNMP clientaddr is used to make this possible for the client but I can't see any way to reproduce it in the nagios server itself

Any help will be appreciated, thank you

Regards
Box293
Too Basu

Re: Specify NAGIOS to use a Virtual IP

Post by Box293 »

It sounds like your operating system is what is going to need to define the virtual IP as the Nagios product is simply interfacing with the operating system. It might be possible to do something with Apache for the web interface but the monitoring engine is simply using the operating system network stack.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
marcostecnitia

Post by marcostecnitia »

Thank you for your reply

I use Pacemaker for the high-availability Nagios and to assign the virtual IP. It doesn't work if we redirect the virtual IP to the local IP using Apache
We use Gearman for the active checks but the problem is that it is using the OS IP and not the virtual one

Regards
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

Unfortunately that is currently a limitation of Nagios and/or Gearman.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
marcostecnitia

Post by marcostecnitia »

Box293 wrote:Unfortunately that is currently a limitation of Nagios and/or Gearman.
It's a shame. Thank you very much for your time