[nsclient++]monitoring disk health (s.m.a.r.t. status)

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nickdegroot

[nsclient++]monitoring disk health (s.m.a.r.t. status)

Post by nickdegroot »

Hi All,

Im configuring Nagios .
Most of the services works fine thru the nsclient++.
I can monitor the disk space , mem usage and cpuload.
But what i want to monitor aswell is the s.m.a.r.t. status of the HDD's of my workstations(so not from the servers , for arrays indeed are a lof of plugins available.)
Mostly we want to monitor HP dekstops. without any Array , and are running XP or W7.

I searched a lot in google and on the exchange , but can't find a plugin for my situation.
Is it possible thru the nsclient++ to monitor the s.m.a.r.t. status of a HDD from an HP desktop?

Thanks in advance!
jsmurphy

Re: [nsclient++]monitoring disk health (s.m.a.r.t. status)

Post by jsmurphy »

This plugin might be what you are looking for: http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... us/details

If that's unsuitable it's possible no one has created a plugin for what you are trying to do and you might need to get your hands dirty with some scripting and put one together yourself :)
nickdegroot

Post by nickdegroot »

Thanks for your reply.
I dont want to monitor my RAID status , just my DISK SMART status! and my scripting isnt so good that i could develop one myself , otherwise i would do it :)
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

Searching exchange I found check_smartmon, check_smart_attributes, check_smartctl, check_smartarray, check_smart, and a few more like check_disk_smart or check_alldisks_ide_smart. Do none of these really help you?