best way to save nagios core check data to a db

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dada216

best way to save nagios core check data to a db

Post by dada216 »

Plattform is nagios core 4, not a huge install, I'd say 10/20 VM, some network equipment and printers, one single nagios server, mostly active checks via NRPE but also some custom passive check (with perfdata) and custom active checks.

what do you guys suggest is the best way to save all (or only some) check metrics to a db?

NDOUtils hasn't been updated in a while, it probably still works but maybe it's not the best choice to set it up and forget it.
I have a working pnp4nagios so maybe rddtool dump to xml and then a custom script can import that data into a db.
I see there's a project called statusengine which seems more actively maintained.

Nagios XI, which I believe has a default db backend, is not an option in this case.
Box293
Too Basu

Re: best way to save nagios core check data to a db

Post by Box293 »

If it's metrics then I recommend:

Performance Graphs Using InfluxDB + Nagflux + Grafana + Histou
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... u-802.html
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
dada216

Post by dada216 »

thanks, sounds good, maybe a bit of an overkill to configure for a small environment with few host to monitor but at least it's an actively maintained chain.
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

No problems, let us know how it works for you.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.