check_by_ssh plugin on rhel8

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
dada216

check_by_ssh plugin on rhel8

Post by dada216 »

the packaged plugins for rhel8 for nagios core do not provide check_by_ssh.

considering I have already installed the available plugins from their repo (I believe they were in epel actually) and I have a working nagios core install on it and I need only this one plugin in addition to the packaged ones will I break something if I just compile them all from source overwriting them on the basedir install of the rpms (/lib64/nagios/libexec)?

I could just compile them and make install them into /usr/local/nagios/libexec and then symlink only check_by_ssh to the actual basedir that the nagios install refers to, but I don't really want to put too many unused files on the machine for cleanliness.

what do you guys suggest is the best course of action?
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: check_by_ssh plugin on rhel8

Post by cdienger »

Download, compile, make, but don't 'make install'. Instead just copy the check_by_ssh that is created to the location you need it.

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... e-569.html
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
dada216

Post by dada216 »

thank you, that's the best way to do it.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

thank you, that's the best way to do it.
@dada216 Your welcome! Thank you for visiting the Nagios Community Forum.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!