Updated to 3.4.0 and now error

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
capeschools

Updated to 3.4.0 and now error

Post by capeschools »

I am running OpenSUSE 11.4 and have had Nagios running for a few years now with no problems and no problems upgrading. I upgraded to 3.4.0 today and now I get the following in the error log:

/usr/sbin/nagios: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looking at the system I cannot find the libperl.so file so is this a new requirement? Do I just need to upgrade perl...any help greatly appreciated as I cannot run Nagios at the moment.
mguthrie

Re: Updated to 3.4.0 and now error

Post by mguthrie »

Did you compile with the "enabled embedded perl" option?

By the way, there has been a bug fix for the 3.4.0 release, I'd suggest grabbing the 3.4.1 tarball that has been posted.
capeschools

Post by capeschools »

Did not compile at all...used the one click install option from YAST
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

This is a packaging issue with OpenSUSE then. You should ask the OpenSUSE community for help or file a bug report with them. The problem is that it seems they compiled Nagios against a different version of perl than what you have.
capeschools

Post by capeschools »

Okay I solved that problem - needed to create a symbolic link to the libperl.so file so that works - thanks !
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

No problem, glad everything is resolved!