Possible issues with environment vars in 3.4.1?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mschroeder

Possible issues with environment vars in 3.4.1?

Post by mschroeder »

We reference environment variables like NAGIOS_HOSTADDRESS in our services checks, and when we upgraded from 3.3.1 to 3.4.1
we seem to not be getting any of these environment variables set. I'm still investigating our own code, but wanted
to see if anyone else has noticed this issue. Our old reference 3.3.1 system is working; 3.4.1 is missing all of these vars in our scripts.
mschroeder

Re: Possible issues with environment vars in 3.4.1?

Post by mschroeder »

I found a problem in our configuration. Apparently we had not needed this in nagios.cfg in 3.3.1:

enable_environment_macros=1

That appears to be required in 3.4.1. Adding that line to nagios.cfg fixes this. Sorry for
posting before I finished my investigation, but I needed a quick turn-around on this one.
agriffin

Re: Possible issues with environment vars in 3.4.1?

Post by agriffin »

mschroeder wrote:Sorry for posting before I finished my investigation, but I needed a quick turn-around on this one.
Don't worry about it, this is generally a low-volume forum and topics usually take a while to get buried. Anyway, thanks for posting the solution, and I'm glad you got everything figured out!