Alarm sounds playing without any alarm listed on status.cgi

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
include

Alarm sounds playing without any alarm listed on status.cgi

Post by include »

Hello,

I'm having a weird behaviour under Nagios 3.3.1. When I specify some filters to status.cgi, I don't see any alarm on the screen but I get the audible alarm. I'm passing these variables to it. Any tip?

this is the argument I use on status.cgi:
status.cgi?hostgroup=all&style=detail&hostprops=270378&hoststatustypes=4&serviceprops=270378&servicestatustypes=16

(this is what I want to see)
Host Status Types: Down
Host Properties: Not In Scheduled Downtime & Has Not Been Acknowledged & Checks Enabled & Notifications Enabled & In Hard State
Service Status Types: Critical
Service Properties: Not In Scheduled Downtime & Has Not Been Acknowledged & Active Checks Enabled & Notifications Enabled & In Hard State

thanks in advance
agriffin

Re: Alarm sounds playing without any alarm listed on status.

Post by agriffin »

I'm not sure I follow. Can you post a screenshot of what you expect to see from a page with no filters?
include

Post by include »

Hi,

Without any filters: (all hosts and services listed)
http://cl.ly/0T0Z253M0k0b1C3J0H10

With filters (the intention is to list: Hosts Down, Critical States; Hard State; NOT in schedule downtime and NOT acknowledge)
http://cl.ly/1W3y0F3F3Y0W1r0l0G1J

Additional notes:

I've installed another instance of Nagios, this time 3.4.1 without the exfoltiation theme and I get the same results.
The critical sound is played every time I refresh the page and I've 0 matching results for the used display filter query.

http://XXX/SOFIA2/nagios/cgi-bin/status ... ops=393226

Display Filters:
Host Status Types: Down
Host Properties: Not In Scheduled Downtime & Has Not Been Acknowledged & Active Checks & In Hard State
Service Status Types: Critical
Service Properties: Not In Scheduled Downtime & Has Not Been Acknowledged & Active Checks & In Hard State
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

Ah, so the issue is that you're hearing audio alerts for services which do not match the filter. Unfortunately, I think is the expected behavior and I don't think you're going to be able to get what you want without modifying Nagios itself.
include

Post by include »

ups.. it's sad to listen that :(

many thanks for your fast reply.
agriffin

Post by agriffin »

Sorry about that, hope you can come up with a setup you like.