Installing NagiosXI from sources

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
donpook

Installing NagiosXI from sources

Post by donpook »

Hello,

Anyone knows if it's possible or has ever installed NagiosXI from sources? I can see the guide for Nagios Core, but since it uses /configure, which does not exist in xi, I cannot find a way. The reason I am asking is because I want to install it in a different path, that I will create in /opt/nagios and not in /usr as it would normally go. Basically I need to use the --prefix=/opt/nagios command.
Another thing, is that I want to perform the installation using a non-root or sudoer user, hence, I don't even have permission to run /fullinstall.
Anyone has seen this before?

Cheers
benjaminsmith

Re: Installing NagiosXI from sources

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @donpook,

Thanks for joining the Nagios Community Forum, and giving XI at try. We've had a few inquiries for custom paths, but it's not a built-in feature, so it wouldn't be a supported configuration.

The following document explains the directory structure in XI if you'd like to learn more.

Nagios XI Understanding The Nagios XI Directory Structure
Another thing, is that I want to perform the installation using a non-root or sudoer user, hence, I don't even have permission to run /fullinstall.
You need to install as root or scripts are not able to get everything set up and configured. The good news is the installation is a breeze. One line, that's it!

Code: Select all

curl https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagiosxi/install.sh | sh
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

I am having lots of trouble installing Nagios Core. I am getting an "unexpected end of file" when performing the command "tar xzf nagioscore.tar.gz". Can someone help me?
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Amanda,

The following guide has up-to-date directions on installing Nagios Core for the supported Linux distributions. If you're still having trouble, please follow the steps there and it should install without issue.

https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... ce-96.html

Good Luck!
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!