Email notifications setup issues

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
luoyihui

Email notifications setup issues

Post by luoyihui »

Hello Nagios Community!

I'm trying to optimize the email notification sendings in our nagios server. It sends too much email, by default.

So, I want nagios to send email notification ONLY ONCE and not more, during a service is in hard state. I find nowhere solution for this option.

Thanks in advance.
benjaminsmith

Re: Email notifications setup issues

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi!

Yeah, you can set it up to send only once, try changing the "Notification interval" to "0" (zero) for the particular host/service.
notification_interval: This directive is used to define the number of "time units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this service is still down or unreachable. Unless you've changed the interval_length directive from the default value of 60, this number will mean minutes. If you set this value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about problems for this host - only one problem notification will be sent out.
I hope that helps, and let us know if you get working correctly or if you have questions.

Thanks for posting to the Community Forum!

Reference:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tions.html
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
luoyihui

Post by luoyihui »

benjaminsmith wrote:Hi!

Yeah, you can set it up to send only once, try changing the "Notification interval" to "0" (zero) for the particular host/service.
notification_interval: This directive is used to define the number of "time units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this service is still down or unreachable. Unless you've changed the interval_length directive from the default value of 60, this number will mean minutes. If you set this value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about problems for this host - only one problem notification will be sent out.
I hope that helps, and let us know if you get working correctly or if you have questions.

Thanks for posting to the Community Forum!

Reference:
https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tions.html
Hello benjaminsmith!

Thank you for your quick response.

Looks like it solved our problem!

Best regards.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

luoyihui wrote:Hello benjaminsmith!

Thank you for your quick response.