Nagios Core - Webpage is not found

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios Core - Webpage is not found

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Amanda,

That error implies that it cannot contact the repo. It could be a networking issue. You can run the following curl command to check the connection for errors.

Code: Select all

curl -k -L -v  http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=extras&infra=stock
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

The attached is the output I received. What does it mean?
Attachments
curl repo check.jpg
akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

I started over with CentOS 6, and I got a little further in the instructions. Now I have a new error. Please see the attached.
Attachments
htpasswd error.jpg
akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

I started over again with CentOS 6, and it created the htpasswd.users file. I am still having the same problem with the website not loading. I had no errors when doing the install instructions from https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... tml#CentOS.

If someone can help me get the webpage to load in the next 11 days (trial period for help), I would greatly appreciate it.
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Amanda,

I hope you have made some progress on this and sorry for the late reply. This is usually some kind of network issue. It cannot connect to the repo. You can test the connection using the following curl command and the output will often help diagnose this.

Example Command (replace the URL with the one in your error message).

curl -k -L -v https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=epel-6&arch=x86_64
Also, what is the output of the following command?

yum repolist
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

I have attached the curl output and the output from "yum repolist". What do I do now?
Attachments
curl output
curl output
yum repolist output
yum repolist output
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Amanda,

Hmmm, that looks ok and you said you did not get any errors when following the instructions. When you run nmap on the Nagios Core host, what do you get?

nmap <ipaddress>
You should see something like this:
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
80/tcp open http
When you check the Apache logs, are the error messages still the same as before? It should just work. Is this a clean, minimal CentOS 6 server? Is SELinux enabled?

getenforce

akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

The command "nmap" is an unrecognized command. I attached the output of both of the commands you mentioned. I don't have a firewall. All I have is a 2950 Cisco router. It is allowing the recommended ports.
Attachments
error log_06-05-22020.png
nmap and getenforce--06-05-2020.jpg