Nagios Core - How would you add a Cisco router?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
akelly0826

Nagios Core - How would you add a Cisco router?

Post by akelly0826 »

I am trying to use Nagios Core. My operating system is CentOS 7. I am very new to do this, and I am trying to learn it. I have had basic Linux experience, but not much. I am trying to add a Cisco router to Nagios Core to be monitored. Since Nagios Core lacks wizards unlike Nagios XI, what would be the command to add a Cisco router?
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios Core - How would you add a Cisco router?

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Amanda,

Check out the Core documentation on Switches and Routers below for guidance and to get started.

Nagios Core Monitoring Routers and Switches

What type of Cisco Router is it? Have you checked the Nagios Exchange for a hardware-specific plugin?

I hope that helps.

Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

I downloaded all of the plugs that was listed in the Nagios Core install documentation.

It is a Cisco 2911 router.
akelly0826

Post by akelly0826 »

I posted another question in the forum named "Nagios Core - webpage is not found". I would like to get that working before I do anything else, and i have not had any replies to it yet.
cdienger
Support Tech

Post by cdienger »

I've replied to the other tread.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.