Exclude service from GUI view

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
ebuttice

Exclude service from GUI view

Post by ebuttice »

Hello,

Running Nagios 3.3.1 on Redhat Linux 5.3 (upgrading soon) and have two GUI views one for one the DBA team and the other for the unix team. Unix team can see hosts and services for all servers and DB team can see only DB specific hosts and their services. I create a DBA group, added the hosts to the hostgroups file and setup hosts and services with DBA contact_groups

define hostgroup{
hostgroup_name DBA Live
alias Ventor Center App
members lp2sdb01,lp2sdb02.
}

It all works however I don't want them to see the checklogfiles service in their GUI view this is to avoid panic if they see a message in the system logs that they don't understand. Unix team would like to keep seeing this but not DBA

Is this possible, any suggestions ?
ebuttice

Re: Exclude service from GUI view

Post by ebuttice »

I looked through the doc and couldn't find anything.
No one done this before?

I would think that it would be good to limit view by host and services and not simply by host, more fine grained.

I have Database team that wants to minotor their filesystems/services and other teams want to monitor their application filesystems/services and we unix team want to monitor all.