Nagios Alert Email Spammed

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Nagios7999

Nagios Alert Email Spammed

Post by Nagios7999 »

Hello everyone,
for some days I have been having a problem when nagios sends mail to gmail and other providers. In the log I read that the mail is rejected with the following message:

"Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail.To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. "

As a mail manager I use postfix so I read in the mail logs. As a user the standard user of nagios nagios@localhost.localdomain. always worked well and trying to change there public ip output works well What do you recommend me to do? Version Nagios Core 4.0.8 Thanks
benjaminsmith

Re: Nagios Alert Email Spammed

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hello @Nagios7999,

I noticed this is your first post, so thanks for joining our community forum!

Full disclosure: I'm not an expert in Postfix, but since the messages are being blocked,I would try configuring Postfix to use a relay server. There are quite a few tutorials out there on setting this up.

Configure Postfix to use Gmail as a Mail Relay
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!