passive checks from windows machine not appearing in nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
M.Morsy

passive checks from windows machine not appearing in nagios

Post by M.Morsy »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Nagios and to Linux in general, so bear with me please. :oops: :oops:
I'm trying to get passive checks from a windows machine to appear in Nagios. NRDP commands test is working for localhost but when I try to submit check results nothing happens. I installed NCPA on a windows machine and enabled passive checks, I've followed the following articles to install NCPA and NRDP
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... tml#CentOS
https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=762 (I wasn't sure where to put these configurations exactly, so I created a ncpa.cfg file into usr/local/nagios/etc and another copy at usr/local/nagios/etc/objects in that file I copied all the mentioned configuration and replaced only "S1601" mentioned in the article with my own hostname "CNA-ITD-855")

My /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log is showing the following

[1593337576] Auto-save of retention data completed successfully.
[1593337835] Error: Got host checkresult for 'CNA-ITD855', but no such host can be found
[1593337835] Error: Got check result for service 'CPU Usage' on host 'CNA-ITD855'. Unable to find service
[1593337835] Error: Got check result for service 'Disk Usage' on host 'CNA-ITD855'. Unable to find service
[1593337835] Error: Got check result for service 'Swap Usage' on host 'CNA-ITD855'. Unable to find service
[1593337835] Error: Got check result for service 'Memory Usage' on host 'CNA-ITD855'. Unable to find service
[1593337835] Error: Got check result for service 'Process Count' on host 'CNA-ITD855'. Unable to find service
Last edited by M.Morsy on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: passive checks from windows machine not appearing in nag

Post by scottwilkerson »

This looks like you have them sending correctly, but you have not yet added them to the nagios monitoring configuration.

You need to create a host and service configurations for these in Nagios, then Nagios will be able to find them, and will update the results when they are received via NRDP instead of giving the error you are seeing
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com