Nagios Newbie stuck with error messages.

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jerryroy1

Nagios Newbie stuck with error messages.

Post by jerryroy1 »

I am a Brand new Nagios user. I have inherited it in my new Job. I am having trouble getting my server to run now after following this procedure to add an ASA firewall (see link below)

http://www.techspacekh.com/monitoring-c ... plication/

I am getting an error message as follows and am stuck. I am not sure what I am missing at the moment.

WARNING: The normal_check_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use check_interval instead.
WARNING: The retry_check_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use retry_interval instead.
WARNING: The normal_check_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use check_interval instead.
WARNING: The retry_check_interval attribute is deprecated and will be removed in future versions. Please use retry_interval instead.
Error: Template 'generic-switch' specified in host definition could not be not found (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/techspacekh/remotehosts/cisco-asa5510.cfg', starting on line 3)
Error: Invalid max_check_attempts value for host '389-01'
Error: Could not register host (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/techspacekh/hosts.cfg', starting on line 81)
Error processing object config files!

I have attached my hosts.cfg and my cisco-asa5510.cfg file. Can someone point out my mistake?

Best regards,

Jerry the NagiosNewbie
Attachments
cisco-asa5510.cfg
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
generic-hostgroup.cfg
From the doc listed in the post
(79 Bytes) Downloaded 163 times
hosts.cfg
(11.27 KiB) Downloaded 156 times