My solution for integrating NagiosXI with ServiceNow

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
snapier3

My solution for integrating NagiosXI with ServiceNow

Post by snapier3 »

The question of how to connect NagiosXI to ServiceNow comes up so frequently that I wanted to start a new thread to share this event handler as a possible solution vs going through and commenting in each individual one.

I wrote this a several months ago as part of a personal learning project and it worked out quite well, for me...

I wanted to make this available to the community (It Is Apache2.0) as an example of what you could do with NagiosXI

Just dropped on gitHub this morning...
https://github.com/SNapier/NagiosXI-Ser ... entHandler

NagiosXI-ServiceNow-EventHandler
On-State-Change event handler that will create a ServiceNow incident and post the resulting SysID as a sticky acknowledgement to the NagiosXi Service event.

I'll throw it up on the exchange if there is interest.
--SN
snapier3

Re: My solution for integrating NagiosXI with ServiceNow

Post by snapier3 »

Handler is now available on the NagiosExchange
:geek:
https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/A ... er/details
benjaminsmith

Re: My solution for integrating NagiosXI with ServiceNow

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
I wrote this several months ago as part of a personal learning project and it worked out quite well, for me...
I wanted to make this available to the community (It Is Apache2.0) as an example of what you could do with NagiosXI
Nice work!

Thanks for sharing this with the Nagios Community.

When I get some free time I'll try to test this one out.

Cheers!
Benjamin
Nagios Support Team
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!