Check evolution size Plugin

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
slayder02

Check evolution size Plugin

Post by slayder02 »

Hello,

I'm looking for a slightly specific disk space check plugin
A daily check which will check the additional data per day on the chosen disk, and which will issue an alert according to the chosen warning / critical thresholds.
For example: disk D: \, and according to the data evolution curve, the disk increases by 1 GB per day on average.
So: Warning threshold: +1.5 GB. Critical threshold: + 3 GB and status OK if the disk increases by less than or equal to 1 GB per day
This check would be a complement to the classic warning / critical check of a disk in relation to its global use.
Maybe a powershell script in conjunction with NRPE?

thank you in advance for your help
gormank

Re: Check evolution size Plugin

Post by gormank »

If I was to do that I'd create a wrapper script on the nagios host that runs a disk check on the remote host and saves the data in a file. The next time the script runs it checks the disk, reads the file, writes new values to the file, and compares the new and last values to determine the amount of growth.
I'd store the file in /<your nagios path>/var/<service_name>/<hostname_service_name> or something like that.