Error when adding service to servicegroup

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
goldmund84

Error when adding service to servicegroup

Post by goldmund84 »

Hi,
I'm experiencing a strange error while trying to add a service to a servicegroup.
I have Nagios XI 5.5.2 and Nagios Core 4.4.6 and mariadb 5.5.65.

When adding new services to an existing service group nothing happens. The servicesgroup stays unmodified.
Then I've found out that when adding 988 serivces to a group everything is Ok, but when adding the 989-th service - nothing happens and I've got an error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `id`=27' at line 1

Trying then to reproduce the error in mysql client, I see that Nagios XI tries to update the table with the wrong content:
UPDATE `tbl_` SET `_name`='All_test', `alias`='All_test', `active`='1', `config_id`=1, `last_modified`=NOW(), `notes`='', `notes_url`='', `action_url`='', WHERE `id`=27

When number of services is less then 988, the correct update is the following:
UPDATE `tbl_servicegroup` SET `servicegroup_name`='All_test', `alias`='All_test', `active`='1', `config_id`=1, `last_modified`=NOW(), `notes`='', `notes_url`='', `action_url`='', `members`=1,`servicegroup_members`=0 WHERE `id`=27

As you can see, some characters are missing:
- instead tbl_servicegroup there is tbl_
- instead servicegroup_name there is _name

Any help will be appreciated.