Exceptions in check_drivespace

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jnrduggan

Exceptions in check_drivespace

Post by jnrduggan »

Apologies if this has been discussed already, I've done a search but I can't see the exact issue I'm having.

I want to check 1 out of 4 drives on a Windows server at a different level to the other 3 using check_diskspace.

I thought I could use something like -

Code: Select all

check_drivesize mounted filter=type='fixed' crit=free<5% warn=free<10% drive=* exclude=d: crit=free<3% warn=free<5% drive=d:
But no matter where you put the "exclude=d:" part of the command, it excludes it from the entire check, so the second part (checking d: at 5% and 3%) doesn't happen.

The only option I've found so far is to do each drive individually like this -

Code: Select all

check_drivesize crit=free<5% warn=free<10% drive=c: crit=free<3% warn=free<5% drive=d: [...]
But a) that's fairly cumbersome, especially with multiple drives and b) the check then won't automatically detect when a new drive is added. I have this check running across multiple servers too, so the inconsistency would be an issue.

Am I missing an option or an argument in the command that would be useful here?

Thanks in advance for your help.
mcapra

Re: Exceptions in check_drivespace

Post by mcapra »

jnrduggan wrote:I want to check 1 out of 4 drives on a Windows server at a different level to the other 3 using check_diskspace.
Is it always the D: drive that needs the special thresholds? One option would be to string together one check that says "use these thresholds for all drives, except D:" and another that says "apply these thresholds to just the D: drive", with check_multi. There's still 2 logical checks being run, but you get one single output to configure as the "disk service" for all your hosts.

I'm not sure NSClient++ supports your desired configuration, but you could try some of the more clever filter keywords to see if any of them support common differences between "the regular drives" and D: -- space, usable bytes, flags on the drive, media type, etc:
https://docs.nsclient.org/reference/win ... r-keywords
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/