Problem with nagiosgraph of service PING

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
windwalker78

Problem with nagiosgraph of service PING

Post by windwalker78 »

Hello,

I know this is more for nagiosgraph forum (I already posted there), but there is a high chance that someone might already know the answer or guide me in finding the root cause.

I'm using Nagios Version 4.3.2 and Nagiosgraph 1.5.2. Everything seems to be working fine with graphs. The only issue I'm having is with sevice PING. It creates visual graphs only if all settings across all its service definitions are the same. For example I have host1 and host2, for which I'm monitoring PING like this:

Code: Select all

define service{
        use                             local-service         
        host_name                       host1
        service_description             PING
        check_command                   check_ping!0.500,20%!0.800,60%
        action_url /nagiosgraph/cgi-bin/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$' onMouseOver='showGraphPopup(this)' onMouseOut='hideGraphPopup()' rel='/nagiosgraph/cgi-bin/showgraph.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$&period=week&rrdopts=-w+450+-j
        }
If both hosts use the same service definition, then graphs work for them. However if I change:

Code: Select all

check_command                   check_ping!5,20%!200,60%
with any values, that differ from the first, then I see only the warning and critical border and no graph is being shown. I confirm that proper rrd files are generated for each host. Only visualization suffers. All other services can be changed and graphs are showing well.
Your tips and ideas are welcome

Regards