Nagios windows connection

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Marf

Nagios windows connection

Post by Marf »

Hi, I'm using nagios core 4.4.6 version running on CentOS. I encountered issues with monitoring windows servers.

I'm able to use check_nt for monitoring some basic stuff that is predefined but I need to monitor several things that are probably kinda custom and I'm still new to whole nagios X windows monitoring. Thing is windows machines has several disks (each machine can have different number of disks) and I need to provide status of those disks, their I/O operations and their capacity. The capacity (and status kinda) part can be done manually through check_nt which is not a problem. The problem is I'm trying to find some way how to monitor I/O operations on all disks and I would like to do it in some elegant way.

I found a custom script that would help me
https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... ad/details
But problems are with NRPE. From nagios server I'm unable to perform

Code: Select all

./check_nrpe -H $HOSTADRESS$ 
I'm either getting
CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not connect to XXXXX. Check system logs on XXXXX
or
CHECK_NRPE STATE CRITICAL: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.
Windows machine logs of NSCP client are:
2021-03-16 11:53:53: debug:c:\source\master\include\nrpe/server/protocol.hpp:92: Accepting connection from: 10.50.34.124, count=1
2021-03-16 11:54:23: error:c:\source\master\include\socket/connection.hpp:168: Failed to read data: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
So first I need to solve why Im unable to perform basic NRPE check and second I would like to ask you if you know any good way how to monitor array of disks, their status, capaticy and IO operations. Thank you!