Error plugin Check for Active Directory Accounts

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
alex3105

Error plugin Check for Active Directory Accounts

Post by alex3105 »

Good morning,

I request your support with the Check for Active Directory Accounts plugin (https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/P ... ts/details) which when I run it from my Nagios server following the link procedure, the following error appears:

[root @ localhost ~] # ./check_nrpe -H 192.168.1.20 -n -c check_ad_account -a AccountInactive "dc = mydomain, dc = com" subtree 5 10
CHECK_NRPE: Receive header underflow -only 0 bytes received (4 expected)

The version of the NRPE that I have is 3.2.1, my Centos Nagios server is version 4.4.5, the Windows Domain server is Windows Server 2012 R2.

It should be noted that I have also tried to do it by following the link (https://www.bujarra.com/nagios-checkean ... io-activo/) but when creating the command from the CLI Nagios shows me the result of invalid arguments.

I thank you in advance for any support.
mcapra

Re: Error plugin Check for Active Directory Accounts

Post by mcapra »

I get a 404 on the documentation you linked, so it's hard to offer insight there. Best I can do is speculate at this point.

I assume 192.168.1.120 is the WIndows Server 2012 R2 host? What sort of NRPE server is provided on the Windows host? I assume you're using NSClient++, in which case the NSClient++ version is as relevant as the check_nrpe plugin version.

The most common reason to see that "Receive header underflow" message is because the NRPE server (which may be running under NSClient++) is not correctly configured to accept command arguments.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/
alex3105

Post by alex3105 »

How are you, thanks for the answers. My version of Nsclient is 0.5.2035. Could you tell me what configuration I should take into account or parameters to consider so that the command can work.
gormank

Post by gormank »

Have a look at the SSL/TLS settings in nsclient.ini and in the check_nrpe command. I'd guess there's a mismatch there...
ssax
Dreams In Code

Post by ssax »

Please attach a sanitized copy of your nsclient.ini so we can see how it's setup.

Thank you!
alex3105

Post by alex3105 »

Good morning,

I attach my nsclient file,

Kind regards.
Attachments
nsclient.ini
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 203 times