All of the sudden unable to send notifications to Teams Chan

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jnorie

All of the sudden unable to send notifications to Teams Chan

Post by jnorie »

Hello All,
I am hoping for some assistance. For several days now, I have been unable to receive notifications into a few MS Teams channels that we use for monitoring. When this was working I was able to

Code: Select all

sudo tail /var/log/maillog
and see that it was sending the message to the appropriate email address for Teams. As of a few days ago, I dont even see that it's trying to send to this Teams email address.
Do any of you have any suggestions on what I can do to get this working again? I am not very well versed in linux so any help would be greatly appreciated.
benjaminsmith

Re: All of the sudden unable to send notifications to Teams

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi jnorie,

Thank you for joining the Nagios Community Forum. Glad to have you here.

It sounds like the Nagios process is not running. You can check this by with the following command.

systemctl status nagios
When a notification is sent you will see an entry in both the nagios.log and the mail log. Check the nagios,log as well for outgoing notifications.

tail -n 100 /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log
You should see an entry like:
[1618490021] HOST NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin;192.168.1.1.;DOWN;xi_host_notification_handler;CRITICAL - 192.168.254.23: Host unreachable @ 192.168.23.112. rta nan, lost 10
The notification handler will be a different command for Nagios Core. If that's working, then it's likely an issue with your mail setup.

Let us know what you find out.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
mcapra

Re: All of the sudden unable to send notifications to Teams

Post by mcapra »

There was a recent change with MS Teams webhooks:
https://office365itpros.com/2021/02/03/ ... bhook-url/

Connectors were supposed to be updated by April 11th. Is that around the time you started noticing this problem? If so you may just need to re-generate your webhook and update your Nagios Core event/notification handler.
Former Nagios employee
https://www.mcapra.com/