No connection on TCP or UDP X port

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
oziris

No connection on TCP or UDP X port

Post by oziris »

Hi,
i have nagios core 4.4.6 and few days ago i have upgraded centos (yum update) and from moment i have upgraded server, some scripts are not working on random hosts

i have error on gui:
"No connection on TCP/UDP ports"

If i run script from server cli, script works normally.

i don't know what has changed after update.

Can someone help me?

Regards,
Matevz
pbroste

Re: No connection on TCP or UDP X port

Post by pbroste »

Hello Matevz;

Thanks for reaching out, I understand that after the yum update on your Centos we are receiving error messages.

The suggestion to take a look at your Centos environment to make sure that SELinux did not get updated to an enabled state and check your firewall to verify that is okay as well.

Code: Select all

sed -i 's/SELINUX=enforcing/SELINUX=permissive/g' /etc/selinux/config
setenforce 0

iptables --list

firewall-cmd --list-all
Sounds like you are receiving messages while viewing through the Nagios Core web console, and would suggest taking a look at the web browser Development tools > Network tab and check to see if an event is logged during rendering. Also check to see if there are any messages in your /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log and/or system logs in /var/log/ (>tail -F /...../..log).

Thanks,
Perry
oziris

Post by oziris »

Hi Perry

Tnx for the info.

I have already checked the firewall and selinux and both are disabled and iptables list is empty.

There are no errors in network tab and the only thing i can see in logs is when i force check " EXTERNAL COMMAND: SCHEDULE_FORCED_SVC_CHECK;...... "

it is like that they are not running automatically, even when i run it manualy in console, console show that it is ok, but on the web there is still error and i dont get notification for recovery.

Regards,
Matevz
pbroste

Post by pbroste »

Hello Matevz;

Thanks for following up, could you check to see if permissions and/or ownership changed during the update.

$ ls -l /usr/local/nagios/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x.  2 nagios nagios   72 May 13 10:34 bin
drwxrwxr-x.  3 nagios nagios  112 May 21 10:25 etc
drwxrwxr-x.  2 nagios nagios 4096 Jun 24 13:27 libexec
drwxrwxr-x.  2 nagios nagios 4096 May 12 14:49 sbin
drwxrwxr-x. 15 nagios nagios 4096 May 12 16:00 share
drwxr-xr-x.  5 nagios nagios  139 Jul  2 13:10 var
The owner of "libexec" directory should be nagios:nagios and the permissions should be set to 775 (drwxrwxr-x). If this is not what you have, run in terminal:

chmod 775 /usr/local/nagios/libexec
chown nagios:nagios /usr/local/nagios/libexec
Thanks for double checking things,
Perry
oziris

Post by oziris »

Hi,
Tnx for update,
When i do
ls -l /usr/local/nagios/ i only have /var in the folder. I cant locate other files in my nagios setup.

Regards,
Matevz