Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
nagiosnewbb

Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Post by nagiosnewbb »

Hey guys,

New here and very new to nagios. I inherited it from my predecessor and was not shown anything about it before they left. I have poked around a little and been able to adjust thresholds via SSH console. We are currently running Core 4.4.5 (old I know) and running on CentOS 7.9.2009 Core.

Suddenly we are getting Error: Could not read object configuration data! on the web GUI on any link we click and am wondering if anyone has some idea on how to get this resolved? Any help would be appreciated and I stress I am very new to using this so please be patient if I ask dumb questions.

Thank you all.
Rfferrao13

Re: Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Post by Rfferrao13 »

Are you using Nagios Core standalone? If so, you could search for logs regarding "Shutdown" in Reports > Event Log sidebar menu item. This most likely means that the Nagios process is not executing for whatever reason, so you should refer to this https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tstop.html which provides all the steps needed for restarting the service — before doing anything, first pay heed for the highlighted tip at the top of the document for checking if your configuration is valid before going forward.