Steps to change IP for Nagios server

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
robingoel

Steps to change IP for Nagios server

Post by robingoel »

Hi,
We are migrating Nagios to different server which is having different IP in different subnet. Currently using version Nagios 5.7.5. What are steps or points which we needs to take into consideration at Nagios and Agent side? We are monitoring windows, Unix and network devices as well.

Please assist.

Thanks
Robin
benjaminsmith

Re: Steps to change IP for Nagios server

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Robin,

Most of the agents have an option in the local configuration file (on the remote hosts) to set the allowed hosts. Basically, you'll have to log into those systems and update the configuration file with the new IP address.

Let me know what agent you are using and I can provide more specific instructions.

Regards,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
robingoel

Post by robingoel »

Thanks Benjamin,
I would let you know agent type.

DO we need to change anything at Nagios server side as well? any config file we need to change?

Thanks
Robin
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

Typically, you would not need to update the Nagios side of things unless there were changes to IP addresses on those remotes systems.

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!