HA with MOD-Gearman

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
coitop

HA with MOD-Gearman

Post by coitop »

Hello,

We want to implement HA using nagios core, MGs and influxDB.
The way I thought of achiving this was the one below, but I am not yet familiar with how MG works exactly. Can someone assist me?

Two MGs at a customer's network
1) Can those be in a failover mode?

Two Nagios core implementations in our own network (The two will have their configurations synced using scripts), 1st Nagios core will send the configuration to MG and the MGs will passively forward results to both Nagios servers (this is the dup-server I believe?).
2) What should be done on 2nd Nagios core to not initiate the checks as well, but only receive the results? (Maybe I am asking this the wrong way, hopefully it's clear enough)

InfluxDB will receive RRDs from both Nagios (most likely with Nagflux)
3) Would that cause an issue?

We want the alerting to be done via eventhandlers.
4) Eventhandlers run on MG workers correct? (So I shouldn't worry about which nagios server executes the script, or if both do)

Thanks in advance
gormank

Re: HA with MOD-Gearman

Post by gormank »

While it doesn't answer your questions, I have a crappy sort of HA on Nagios XI that copies some data from the primary to the secondary and restores all or part of the DB.
Since my systems aren't very big, I scrapped MG on the few systems using it several years ago.