host_notification_options

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
cmaurand

Post by cmaurand »

Hello,
I've had nagios3 up and running. I have been trying to configure it to send mail through gmail since for whatever reason, my cell phone provider only accepts gmail for its sms gateway.

I've been following all the instructions and can find and there are several host options that are coming up as invalid options such as

host_notification_commands
service_notification_options
service_notification_commands

Invalid host object directive 'host_notification_options'
Could not add object property in file ' ' line 13

Any help here would be appreciated. are these options not build in? do they need to be defined someplace. Is all the documentation and examples I'm reading skipping something?

Thanks in advance

any other set up that uses any of these fails with
benjaminsmith

Re: host_notification_options

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,

There's probably a syntax error in that file. Here are a few resources to help you resolve the configuration errors. You can run the following command from the CLI to check the configs.

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
If you find an error, open the file and review the directives. The following page has an explanation of every directive available and which ones are required.

https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... tions.html

Just curious, did you install version 3 recently as that is pretty old? I would recommend using version 4 (if it's not too late).

See: https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/n ... ce-96.html

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!