Different results

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
rahul2gupta

Different results

Post by rahul2gupta »

Hi,

We are getting two different results. When we execute a script manually, we are getting expected result where as in UI(Nagios core) is getting different result. Can you please help me on this?

Regards,
Rahul
benjaminsmith

Re: Different results

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Rahul,

When you run the command locally, make sure you're logged in as the nagios user (and not root). Do you get the same results in Nagios Core? If so, then it's probably related to the permissions on the plugin.

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
rahul2gupta

Post by rahul2gupta »

Hi Benjamin,

I ran the script as a Nagios use and getting expected result. I double checked permission and its all good.

Actually this script is used by two service checks but on one we are getting OK result where as on 2nd one we are getting following error.

Problem encountered logging into WMS RF interface. Error: TelnetLoginPromptFailure

Can you please help us to resolve this
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi,
Problem encountered logging into WMS RF interface. Error: TelnetLoginPromptFailure
Well, that would confirm the permissions are okay, so it looks like an authentication issue. Are you passing the right credentials? If you cannot figure it out, can you PM the script and I'll take a look at it.

--Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!