We've moved to a new support system!

The Nagios Answer Hub is a place where you can get help with technical questions from our experts. There, you can quickly open tickets and join discussion boards.

Request Nagios Answer Hub access here: https://info.nagios.com/answer-hub-access-new-users

After completing the access form, you will be given access to a portal where new tickets can be created. We will keep the old customer forum sections and ticket system available for current cases to be resolved.

Go to the Answer Hub

NCPA Agent - API construction for process exceeding x.xx mem

Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Includes Nagios Core, Plugins, and NCPA

NCPA Agent - API construction for process exceeding x.xx mem

Postby Guyver1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:12 am

Was hoping someone would be able to assist in providing the correct options to filter for a process exceeding x.xx mem_vms or x.xx mem_rss
I can filter for our tomcat8 process no issues as this is straight forward:

However, when trying to add filters to filter for mem_vms or mem_rss => x.xx and setting it as a nagios check it either just sits there with the spinning circle

just sits there with the spinny circle:

does anyone have the correct settings to filter a specific process when it exceeds a memory value as a nagios check with warning and critical values please?
Guyver1

Re: NCPA Agent - API construction for process exceeding x.xx

Postby Guyver1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 am

If I try this I just get stdout = 0 which is incorrect as it should alert
Guyver1

Re: NCPA Agent - API construction for process exceeding x.xx

Postby Guyver1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:51 am

I can do this from the "Live Data" option so it looks like what I want is possible:
https://imgur.com/2X1UxEk
Guyver1

Return to Community Support