Nagios XI BPI display on dashboard

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
PaulRajeshMEzra45

Nagios XI BPI display on dashboard

Post by PaulRajeshMEzra45 »

Hi
I was wondering if there was a way to display the BPI overview on a dashboard in Nagios XI? I have seen the dashlet that’s available for Fusion, but we only have XI, worst case is to publish the BPI page as a URL and embed it on one of the dashboard, but surely this isn’t the only way to get that high level data on a XI dashboard?

Thanks in advance
SuomyNonaPatri

Re: Nagios XI BPI display on dashboard

Post by SuomyNonaPatri »

BPI lets you define meta-services which consist of other services that are currently in Nagios. I defined a BPI service called RADIUS which contains all three RADIUS servers. Any one RADIUS server must be up for the RADIUS group to be up. I did likewise for DNS and DHCP.

BPI also lets meta-services depend on other groups. To consider eduroam to be up, you need the RADIUS group and the DNS group and the DHCP group to be up. It’s probably easier to see what’s going on with a screenshot of the BPI control omegle voojio panel