How to integrate service now with nagios core?

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
RickyReyesmatrina

How to integrate service now with nagios core?

Post by RickyReyesmatrina »

Hi

i have installed the nagios core. and i want integrate the service now with nagios core open source. I didn't find any documents regarding. could you help me with that.
RickyReyesmatrina

Re: How to integrate service now with nagios core?

Post by RickyReyesmatrina »

I recently stumbled across Nagios as a Raspberry Pi project and already went through setup and installation. I had never heard of Nagios until now, and am curious what it is capable of. Already, Im wondering if I can use Nagios without the NCPA installation being on every monitored machine.. It seems a bit, counter-productive to require software installed on all managed devices..

I'm curious if the Nagios Cross-Platform Agent is required for monitoring network devices. Additionally, Im curious if it is possible to monitor and detect all/any device on the network, with Nagios echatspin echatrandom Core.
Last edited by RickyReyesmatrina on Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
VictorJohnsonandroni

Re: How to integrate service now with nagios core?

Post by VictorJohnsonandroni »

Nagios core is an open source, unrestricted monitoring tool that offers notification services for any events in one’s system, network or infrastructure. Who doesn’t fancy something that comes free? Though it requires some sweat, alternatives are costly enterprise-class monitoring solutions. The DIY(Do It Yourself) approach might be little time consuming however it is quite fathomable.

Nagios Version : 5.4.13
Servicenow version : Kingston

Creating credentials:
Create basic authentication credentials from ‘Credentials’.
Username: Nagios username
Password: API key of the Nagios user.
You can find API of Nagios user by clicking on the username on right-hand side of the homepage after login and locate API keys there.