We've moved to a new support system!

The Nagios Answer Hub is a place where you can get help with technical questions from our experts. There, you can quickly open tickets and join discussion boards.

Request Nagios Answer Hub access here: https://info.nagios.com/answer-hub-access-new-users

After completing the access form, you will be given access to a portal where new tickets can be created. We will keep the old customer forum sections and ticket system available for current cases to be resolved.

Go to the Answer Hub

You don't have permission to access /nagios/ on this server

Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
Includes Nagios Core, Plugins, and NCPA

You don't have permission to access /nagios/ on this server

Postby JamesZimmerman » Mon May 23, 2022 11:44 pm

Hi
I have been trying to setup nagios on mac and it definitely seems pretty easy but I am stuck at this point - I am unable to load the localhost/nagios/ page. I have the right configuration as far as I think.

I have installed PHP and changed the httpd.conf to include "index.php" with index.html. I do not think there is more to it but this small thing is not letting me proceed.

Could anyone shed some light and show me the way?

This is what I have in my configuration file for nagios in hhtpd.conf for apache:

# Nagios stuff

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ "/opt/local/sbin/nagios/"

< Directory "/opt/local/sbin/nagios">

AllowOverride None

Options ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
AuthName "Nagios Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /opt/local/etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
require valid-user
< /Directory>

Alias /nagios "/opt/local/share/nagios"

< Directory "/opt/local/share/nagios">

Options None
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
< /Directory>

# End Nagios stuff

-- And the error_log file for apache has this:
[error] [client ::1] Directory index forbidden by Options directive omegle shaglevoojio : /opt/local/share/nagios/
JamesZimmerman

Return to Community Support