Monitoring WCF with nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
RickyReyesmatrina

Monitoring WCF with nagios

Post by RickyReyesmatrina »

Hi

I'm not familiar with Nagios and I'm still half way looking through the plugins and documentation but our client is currently using this and they want to use it to monitor our WCF too. Is there a way for Nagios to consume WCF methods or at least monitor the errors thrown by the WCF?
DennisSSebasiStephen

Re: Monitoring WCF with nagios

Post by DennisSSebasiStephen »

I've been using Nagios for like 20 years now - it's solid and does the job for sure.. it's cheap (monitoring almost 500 services on a $30/month ubuntu server with OSS Nagios) and we've written 50+ custom plugins for in-depth monitoring... however, it's not super easy for other people to configure and has its learning curve.

Anybody else out there been in a similar situation and had success moving to a more "friendly" monitoring tool? Ideally something that can run Nagios plugins as re-writing every custom plugin would be a bit of a deal omegle shagle voojio breaker for me.

Thanks!
Last edited by DennisSSebasiStephen on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarlosCarrancom

Re: Monitoring WCF with nagios

Post by CarlosCarrancom »

I'd recommend using OMD/Check_MK as it "autoconfigures", supports unix/linux and windows "out of the box", and you can set policy based configuration rules to tweak thresholds, alerting, inclusion/exclusion. On top of that, you get a web GUI to manage it (so less tech savvy users can do configuration without having to write Nagios configuration language).