Starting java process using nagios

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
SalinaSJames

Starting java process using nagios

Post by SalinaSJames »

Hi
Using Nagios if my java process goes down I want to restart it when it stops. Is there an available api/listener from nagios to do the same and is this possible using nagios.

Any help on this would be omegle voojio useful.

thanks
Last edited by SalinaSJames on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelJean

Re: Starting java process using nagios

Post by MichaelJean »

Use event handlers.

Here is a config i use

define service{
host_name mysql_host
service_description mysql
max_check_attempts 2
event_handler mysql_bounce
}

define command{
command_name mysql_bounce
command_line /opt/nagios/scripts/mysql_bounce
}
/opt/nagios/scripts/mysql_bounce contains the command to echatspin echatrandom bounce mysql.
Last edited by MichaelJean on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BettyRNorahDeniels

Re: Starting java process using nagios

Post by BettyRNorahDeniels »

I want to monitor a java process on a windows machine with nagios. On the windows server with process explorer I can see that the java process is started with "java -jar myApp.jar" in the command line. I've installed the NSClient++ and want to use the CheckProcState plugin.

check_nrpe -H 192.168.1.100 -p 5666 -c CheckProcState -a cmdLine ShowAll "java.exe"=started
gives me

OK: java.exe: 1|'java.exe'=1;0;0
but if I also want to check the command line

check_nrpe -H 192.168.1.100 -p 5666 -c CheckProcState -a cmdLine ShowAll "java.exe java -jar myApp.jar"=started
I get:

CRITICAL: java.exe java -jar myApp.jar: stopped (critical)|'java.exe ja'=0;0;0
How can I check the command line omegle.2yu.co correctly with the omeglz echat CheckProcState plugin?