Nagios contacts configuration

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
BettyRNorahDeniels

Nagios contacts configuration

Post by BettyRNorahDeniels »

I am new at learning the Nagios of 4.4.6 version. I have configured host configuration and service configuration in my Nagios CLI and restarted then everything updated on Nagios Web GUI (localhost/nagiosxi).

When I was updating "contact" in web GUI, it is updating on Nagios CLI of /usr/local/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg. But when I was configured my own "contact" in /usr/local/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg it has not been echatspin chatrandom updating on web GUI.
Last edited by BettyRNorahDeniels on Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeepMohinman

Re: Nagios contacts configuration

Post by DeepMohinman »

Copy existing /usr/local/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg into /usr/local/nagios/etc/import. Change anything, add anything, then do "Apply Configuration". The file will be removed from the import folder, all new contacs will appear in contacts.cfg. All changes will also be applied. However, you cannot remove contacts using this procedure.

If you make any mistake in the cfg file, the existing configuration will not be changed (the revert mechanism will be used) but your cfg file will be removed from /usr/local/nagios/etc/import. Just have a spare copy somewhere.

Tested on recent Nagios XI 5.8.4.