check_NCPA reports back OK when service does not exist

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
deby23456

check_NCPA reports back OK when service does not exist

Post by deby23456 »

Greetings,

We are in the process of upgrade software, which is changing the name of the associated services. We run a single check to look for multiple services, that includes services from multiple applications, for example:

./check_ncpa.py -H <host> -t <token> -M service -q service=Service1,service=Service2,service=Service3,status=running
If Service2 and Service3 are missing, the status reported back is OK: Service1 is running | 'status'=0;1;2;;

If I look just for Service2 and Service3, I get an unknown error, UNKNOWN: No services selected with 'service' value given | 'status'=3;1;2;;

Is there a way to report in a check with multiple services when a service within that check is missing?

Thanks in advance.

The majority of our servers are running NCPA v2.1.8, but I just found that one server is reporting that the services are missing. That server is running NCPA v2.4.0, so perhaps this was a known bug that was resolved, however I did not find anything specifically mentioned in the NCPA change log.

Does anyone know if this is a NCPA v2.1.8 bug?

Answer:Our systems team updated one of the problem servers and upgrading NCPA from v2.1.8 (to 2.4.0) has resolved the issue. Asked and answered my own topic.