Bug Report: Incorrect Version Displayed in Nagios Core Web Interface

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
sanketnagpure

Bug Report: Incorrect Version Displayed in Nagios Core Web Interface

Post by sanketnagpure »

Dear Nagios Forum Members,

I recently performed an upgrade of Nagios Core from version 4.4.11 to 4.4.13, and while the upgrade was successful, I have encountered an issue with the version display in the web interface.

The problem is that after the upgrade, when I navigate to the main.php page, the version displayed in the top left corner still shows 4.4.11 instead of the expected 4.4.13. However, when I access other tabs and sections within Nagios, the correct version (4.4.13) is appropriately displayed.

I have verified that the upgrade process completed without any errors or warnings, and all other functionality within Nagios Core appears to be working correctly. It's only the version display in the main.php page that seems to be affected.

I would like to clarify if this is a known issue or if it is specific to my upgrade process. If it is a bug, I believe it is important to address it in order to ensure accurate version information for users of Nagios Core.

I would appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance on this matter. If there are any steps I can take to resolve this issue or if additional information is required, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.
mmohamed

Re: Bug Report: Incorrect Version Displayed in Nagios Core Web Interface

Post by mmohamed »

Hello @sanketnagpure, Thanks for reaching out

Would like to know if you're still experiencing this issue. Please give an update as I would be glad to assist.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
-Mahad Mohamed
deboraharroyo

Re: Bug Report: Incorrect Version Displayed in Nagios Core Web Interface

Post by deboraharroyo »

sanketnagpure wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:24 am Dear Nagios Forum Members,

I recently performed an upgrade of Nagios Core from version 4.4.11 to 4.4.13, and while the upgrade was successful, I have encountered an issue with the version display in the web interface.

The problem is that after the upgrade, when I navigate to the main.php page, the version displayed in the top left corner still shows 4.4.11 instead of the expected 4.4.13. However, when I access other tabs and sections within Nagios, the correct version (4.4.13uno online) is appropriately displayed.

I have verified that the upgrade process completed without any errors or warnings, and all other functionality within Nagios Core appears to be working correctly. It's only the version display in the main.php page that seems to be affected.

I would like to clarify if this is a known issue or if it is specific to my upgrade process. If it is a bug, I believe it is important to address it in order to ensure accurate version information for users of Nagios Core.

I would appreciate any insights, suggestions, or guidance on this matter. If there are any steps I can take to resolve this issue or if additional information is required, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.
One possibility is that the Nagios Core cache is not being cleared properly, which can cause the old version number to be displayed instead of the new one. Another possibility is that there might be a problem with the Nagios Core configuration files.
To resolve this issue, you can try clearing the Nagios Core cache by running the following command as root:

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -x /usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd

This command will clear the Nagios Core cache and should update the version number displayed in the main.php page.
If this doesn’t work, you can try checking your Nagios Core configuration files to make sure that they are configured correctly for version 4.4.13. You can find more information on how to do this in the Nagios Core documentation.