"Has anyone encountered disappearing options in NagiosXI?

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
TeetharKehar

"Has anyone encountered disappearing options in NagiosXI?

Post by TeetharKehar »

I recently performed a test conversion of our NagiosXi server from Centos 6 to Ubuntu 20.04. The conversion was successful, and I can make changes to hosts without any issues. However, I encountered a problem when trying to make changes to services. Whenever I modify services, the options to Manage Hosts and Manage Host Groups disappear, preventing me from applying the changes. The same issue occurs when I create a new service. After saving the service, if I try to edit the server again, the host disappears.

I'm currently using version 5.7.2 of NagiosXi, but I also attempted to upgrade to version 5.9.2 to see if it would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, the issue persisted despite the upgrade.

I've performed a Config File Permissions Check from the GUI, and it reports that everything is okay. Additionally, under Config File Management, I have the necessary permissions to delete files and write the configuration.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this particular issue with NagiosXi. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
sgardil

Re: "Has anyone encountered disappearing options in NagiosXI?

Post by sgardil »

Hey @TeetharKehar

Unfortunately there is complications with migrating servers across different distros, and these issues can vary vastly. When doing this upgrade have you checked your php logs for any further information? Also have you tried upgrading to our most recent version?

Php logs can be found under /var/log/{this part is distro related. normally apache or php-fpm}