New Nagios XI install not adding any hosts

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
AlloyOfIron

New Nagios XI install not adding any hosts

Post by AlloyOfIron »

Hi All,

I have installed Nagios XI on a clean install CentOS 9 VM but I am having some troubles adding hosts and was hoping someone might be able to help.

I have tried adding both network switches via SNMP and some servers via the basic ICMP option as a test. Every time I get a sad face error with the server IP - "didn't send any data" (image attached)

Now I will admit, I am a noob with both Nagios XI and Linux but the install is so basic I can't see what I could have done wrong.

I do have all of my switches currently being monitored via LibreNMS without and I used the same SNMP details

Any assistance would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kg2857

Re: New Nagios XI install not adding any hosts

Post by kg2857 »

How are you adding hosts and switches?
Normally you add hosts via core configuration manage (CCM).
AlloyOfIron

Post by AlloyOfIron »

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

I have mainly been trying to add hosts via the configuration wizards but I also directly in the CCM. Both methods end up with the same error message.
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

Look at the logs in /usr/local/nagiosxi/var.
Run the resonfigure script (not sure of the exact name) from the shell and read the output.
locate reconfigure
find /usr/local -type f | grep reconfigure
hrosegripping

Post by hrosegripping »

I've been using the setting wizards and the CCM's manual host addition features the most. The identical issue occurs when attempting either approach
gorilla tag