Performance graphs are not generated continuously/missing

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
MasaNagios

Performance graphs are not generated continuously/missing

Post by MasaNagios »

On/off, the performance graphs are not generated continuously. Though, when explicitly force checked the service, the perf graph seems to be generated. I have checked at the 'Advanced Status Details" level and found that the "Performance Data" is in a green state, and "Performance Data" is also being generated as expected. Any thoughts, would be appreciable!
kg2857

Re: Performance graphs are not generated continuously/missing

Post by kg2857 »

Locate the perfdata directory. Look at the files.
I'd guess there's a permissions issue on the files/dirs.
MasaNagios

Post by MasaNagios »

nope permissions looks fine. but no perf graphs generating as expected and in a continuous manner. often there are missing slots in between.
vappukuttan

Post by vappukuttan »

How often does the service checks run? if the service checks run less frequently, that would cause the performance graphs to break. I think either 60 or 120 mins is the threshold. I went around in circles on this issue a few months ago cause I had setup a check to only run once a day.. now i have it running every hour and the graphs are working fine.

Hope that helps,
MasaNagios

Post by MasaNagios »

Thank you for the response.
The service frequency = 5 mins. off late no performance graphs being generated. though, I can see graphs being populated at the time of creation. This is the scenario, across most of the services. Is there any way we can debug this?
vappukuttan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:15 pm How often does the service checks run? if the service checks run less frequently, that would cause the performance graphs to break. I think either 60 or 120 mins is the threshold. I went around in circles on this issue a few months ago cause I had setup a check to only run once a day.. now i have it running every hour and the graphs are working fine.

Hope that helps,