NCPA Memory Performace Graphs Missing

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
shoreypu

NCPA Memory Performace Graphs Missing

Post by shoreypu »

Hello,

I noticed that a large number of memory checks are missing performance data. I'm running Nagios XI v5.9.3 and NCPA v2.4.0. I temporary enabled logging in the /usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/process_perfdata.cfg and found the following errors in /usr/local/nagios/var/perfdata.log

RRDs::update /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/<hostname>/prod__core__mem.rrd 1689009472:0.47:1.79:73.60:0.06:1.13
RRDs::update ERROR /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/<hostname>/prod__core__mem.rrd: found extra data on update argument: 1.13

Trying to help answer some questions in advance:
- ls /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/perfdata/ | wc -l

- ls /usr/local/nagios/var/spool/xidpe/ | wc -l

- From /usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/process_perfdata.cfg
TIMEOUT = 30

- From /usr/local/nagios/etc/pnp/npcd.cfg
load_threshold = 50.0

I have seen mention of running the RRD Conversion Script (https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=149), though it is title for ICMP and Ping, it does say, "The problem also exists with any performance data where additional datasources are returned with the performance data, compared to when the original performance data was received for this service."

Thanks in advance for your responses.

John
shoreypu

Re: NCPA Memory Performace Graphs Missing

Post by shoreypu »

I realized that I forgot to put in the check command in my original post, $USER1$/check_ncpa.py -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t "$_HOSTNCPA_TOKEN$" -P $_HOSTNCPA_PORT$ -M "memory/virtual" -u Gi -w 95 -c 98
shoreypu

Re: NCPA Memory Performace Graphs Missing

Post by shoreypu »

I ran some tests on one of the problem hosts. If I create an equivalent check, perfdata works. For the current check, I deleted the rrd file and perfdata displayed, however, I lose all historical data. Since I would have to mostly likely delete the data for all hosts, I would really like to find a way to resolve the issue.

Any thoughts on the solution provided in https://support.nagios.com/kb/article.php?id=149?

Thanks...John