Exclude checked service from "Service Health"

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
underlig

Exclude checked service from "Service Health"

Post by underlig »

We're running Nagios® Core™ 3.2.3 and my question is if i can somehow exclude a service from the Service Health - overview (The Network health i can see on the right in my tactical overview).

The reason i'm asking is because i would like to add snmp-checks for toner levels in our HP printers, and since some of them are running low, i'm afraid that this will look negative on my overall status and also my monthly metering.

I just want to be able to see, without using the webinterface on each printer (i've noticed it doesn't work very well when printer goes into sleepmode), a rough estimate of how much toner is left in each cartridge. And i thought Nagios would be great for that.

Is it at all possible?

I could always make my own bash-script that manually runs the query against my printers and outputs it somewhere, but i would prefer to have nagios run it automagically since it's already checking everything else on the network.